Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Governor P. Ricketts re Crete and Grand Island

Governor P. Ricketts,

I am so very disappointed in your performance during this pandemic. Your unwillingness to trust medical experts has put all of us at danger, especially those who work in the meat-packing industry in Crete and Grand Island. Immigrants are human beings, first and foremost, in case you were unaware.

Instead of demanding that large organizations care for the physical well-being of their employees, you have shown your claim to be pro-life is a farce and is not as strong as your desire for profit for you and your friends (Test Nebraska and Nebraska Crossing).

I direct your attention to at least ONE loss suffered during this time as a result of your lack of appropriate action at Smithfield in Crete. See the attached image from Vy Mai, a resident of Nebraska who will no longer see her grandfather because you think Americans will start a riot over meat. Some Americans might, but they are the same ones who spit on nurses and take guns everywhere they go. Those white supremacist terrorists are not my version of American and they shouldn't be yours either.

I do blame you for each Nebraska death since you continue to do little but praise Trump who is unintelligent and also ignores medical experts. A man who ponders the injection of disinfectants during a live press conference is not fit to lead. You are proving the same, over and over again.

Since I know you will do nothing to stop these deaths, acknowledge facts or science, I can only express my disgust and look forward to the day you are ousted from office for a morally conscientious governor who actually intends to keep Nebraskans alive. I would love for you to prove me wrong and take strong and drastic measures to protect us during this pandemic. But I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment