Thursday, January 7, 2021

Governor P. Ricketts - Xenophobia, the Covid Vaccine and You

Governor, P. Ricketts, 

I write to exclaim my disgust at your depraved and abhorrent proclamation that undocumented workers will NOT receive the coronavirus vaccine. In case you don't understand, a person's humanity or worth is not linked to their immigration status. 

Covid-19 doesn't discriminate and you shouldn't either. Your insistence that you are pro-life is a ghastly, hypocritical statement when you can't even protect people in your state because of your misguided xenophobia. 

The undocumented workers make up a large part of the workforce, especially in meat-packing plants. Your assistance to them has been awful during the pandemic and you have proven you do not value their lives or safety. I'd like to remind you, you are not better or more worthy of medical assistance than a person working in a meatpacking plant. 

You lack leadership, ethics, humanity, and foresight in protecting residents of Nebraska and you should be ashamed of yourself. I know I am ashamed you "govern" my state. 

I insist you freely distribute the covid vaccine to EVERY PERSON IN NEBRASKA, regardless of any factor such as immigration status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, gender, gender presentation, marital status, disability status etc. 

Sincerely Disgusted as Usual, 


No comments:

Post a Comment